- I believe it was early last week that I first heard selfie had been selected "word of the year."
- Thursday was Thanksgiving, when we express gratitude for our many blessings.
- Then came Black Friday--which in many places now begins on Thursday--when people rush to buy stuff, with brawls breaking out in some places.
- Then we had Cyber Monday to buy more stuff, this time on-line, which at least lessens the chaos and violence factor.
- Yesterday was Giving Tuesday. We're asked to support our favorite meaningful organizations. One reason we're given is that it's a good thing to do. Another is to do it because it will make you feel good. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a primary motivator or just a nice by-product. (Yes, pun is intended.)
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Selfie or Selfless? What Day is It?
Recently the calendar has me confused.